View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

My take on it is when you assign loot you highlight a piece and pull down a name from a drop down menu this would supply a Who and a What essentially. This function of the loot window would not be changed but would also act as if the guild point assign window was simultaneously pressed and would attempt to mimic the required inputs thru information obtained on the loot window.

As far as I can tell The guild Window point system looks at 4 things when that button is used.
- It determines if its to a single member, members in group, in raid, online or everyone in guild that the points are going to be assigned (I would only require this to always be single person) So that part should static

- The highlighted person in the guild window when on single person would be the who (could this be accomplished with using the same dropdown window data the loot window determined who?) if so this is looking very feasible. As this seems the largest hurdle to this project

- A text box for the point value to be used (the addition of a textbox to the loot window to acquire that) This is also something that concerns me. But it seems so straight forward its hard to imagine it not being feasible. However, whether or not to further modify that value to make it recognize if that value is a number and whether or not to force the value to be its negative of its absolute value (to force it to always be a deduction) regardless if you enter it as a positive or negative number. Is a different matter but nothing that shouts Impossible IMO.

- A Comment for the transaction which could be anything really it could nothing or it could say Raid Loot every time or maybe it could use the 'what' from the loot window (which I hope the value is in the form of an item link) to better show in their history what it was they bid on. But if it isn't Its not the end of the world as points can be still be assigned with this value null.

Then again you guys could say we know all this already. I just wanted to get the discussion going it seems like its possible at least in theory but it's beyond my experience with my little simple self UI tweaks.