View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Let me say first that I love the eq2maps interface. I am someone with absolutely no sense of direction...I even have a GPS in my car because I need an 'automap' to keep from getting lost in real life.

With that in mind, my biggest problem is often just being able to navigate with the eq2 maps. I am sure someone does a lot of work on these, but frankly I don't really need a topographical picture of the zone. I need a roadmap. I need something that lets me develop a path from point A to point B. The maps as provided show hills, mountains, bodies of water but no indication of whether I can climb over the hill or where there is a tunnel through the mountain. If I am close enough to the destination, of course I get the path on the screen...but too often what I see is 'your destination is to the northeast'...well sheesh, I can SEE that much, how do I GET there?

It is an especially bad problem with the new expansion, since the new zones have lots of topographical features apparently designed to prevent players from getting where they want to go.

With that in mind, would it be possible to give an option to remove the topography and just show a flat map indicating paths/roads?