View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denavin View Post
From the link you posted
http://updater.pala.de/new/

I have been having this problme since you first changed the updater. Every time my anitvirus / mallware programs runs I would loose the ability to use the updater and would have to change the install path to get it to work again. On one ocation I found 168rursf.exe in the quarentine folder and when I replaced it, the updater once again would function. Then the next time my antivirus / mallware would run the updater once again refused to update and I once again would have to move the instlation path to get it to work again.
This is getting very annoying. If that program is not part of Profit Updater then whey when I put it back does the updater work? That and why does an avitvirus / mallware programs have any affect on the updater.
I use StopZilla for antivirus and SuperAnti Spyware for mallware.
Where is the config. file kept, that way I may just be able to change the configuration instead of needing to change the install path all the time. I have searched my system but can not find it.
In Windows the settings are saved in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\de\pala\updater). If you are losing your settings, it would indicate that something is reverting/deleting your registry keys after running the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denavin View Post
This is a copy of the log file I get when the updater fails to run.

de.pala.updater.Updater - Cannot activate core
org.java.plugin.PluginLifecycleException: can't find plug-in class de.pala.updater.services.settings.SettingsPlugin
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginLifecycleHandler.createPluginInstance(Sta ndardPluginLifecycleHandler.java:117) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:403) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.checkPrerequisites(StandardPlugin Manager.java:469) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:397) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:245) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.start(Updater.java:102) [Updater.jar:na]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.main(Updater.java:76) [Updater.jar:na]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.pala.updater.services.settings.SettingsPlugin
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(StandardPluginClass Loader.java:378) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginLifecycleHandler.createPluginInstance(Sta ndardPluginLifecycleHandler.java:113) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
... 6 common frames omitted
de.pala.updater.Updater - Cannot activate updater
org.java.plugin.PluginLifecycleException: plug-in de.pala.updater.services.updater requires plug-in de.pala.updater.services.settings which failed activation
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.checkPrerequisites(StandardPlugin Manager.java:445) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:397) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:245) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.main(Updater.java:77) [Updater.jar:na]

Hope the log helps. I posted it once before but it was ignored.
The updater cannot find its basic settings while starting up. That can be because of two things:

It cannot access services/settings.zip anymore or it was deleted.

On launch files are copied to %temp%/.jpf-shadow and startup continues from there. Something might prevent it from writing to %temp%

I would guess your malware solutions are blocking access to the locations after they identify the updater as malware.

I would also strongly recommend to scan your system with a boot disk from one of the better known AV companies (e.g. http://support.kaspersky.com/en/4162 )
If malware is found consider a fresh install of your system.