Thread: Effector reset
View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Effector reset

I'm having trouble resetting an Effector after it's finished.

The element:
Code:
<Image Location="-40,0" Name="Progress" OnEffectFinished="Parent.Reset.press=true" OnShowEffector="FillIn" Size="40,4" >
effector:
Code:
<LocationEffector Name="FillIn" setoneffect="true" Speed="20,0" TargetLocation="0,0" />
The Reset:
Code:
<Button Name="Reset" OnPress="Parent.Bar.Visible=false&#xD;&#xA;Parent.Bar.Visible=true" Style="/ButtonStyles.invisible" Visible="false" />
The effector works once, but then the element stays Visible.
No matter what I do I can't seem to get the bar to Reset to default location, hide, and replay the animation. Am I missing something? Too little sleep?

If I try to directly hide the element after the effector finishes, the game seems to crash. So does the UIBuilder. I can cause another element show, even a copy of the same one, but trying to hide the initial element via script = crash.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-10-2012 at 03:32 AM.