View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Question of preference. If I had the choice I'd play without a mouse, I'm much much faster issuing commands via keystrokes compared to having to navigate small buttons with a cursor. Fun fact: while I still played I never used the macro buttons myself (the cure buttons I did use however).
Yeah I'm currently struggling to use both at the same time and I was contemplating just using key binds (but that truly is a transport back to EQ1, as I said). The profit buttons are so very tiny on 1920x1200, and some are 1 pixel away from fun things like "kick member" or "leave group." Disappearing on hover-out when in a group further makes them a trial to use. But I can appreciate the intent and the effort and at least there is some option there for people. I agree that the cure buttons are wonderful.

Anyway, this is much less about Profit to me and more about the UI in general. I freely admit I am spoiled by a highly extensible UI/mod framework. I think I can grasp some of the constraints that UI authors are working under in EQ2 and if they ever make things more flexible then hooray

Quote:
I can't see how having to press a key on keyboard and click on the mouse is easier than just clicking the mouse on the quickcast buttons on ProfitUI in an area that is less than 1/2 inch from the health bar itself.
I forgot to mention it but you don't actually need the modifier keys for click-casting. You could put the cursor over someone's health bar and push the scroll-wheel button, or button4 or button5 and have a particular spell cast on that person. The modifier keys just allow you to extend it to many more combinations.

Last edited by Chaws : 07-20-2010 at 07:52 PM.