View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk2029 View Post
I guess I just dont know what select your eq2.exe file means because when that file window pops up, I dont know what to select. And nothing will open. Am I missing something that's in plain sight>??
Everquest2.exe and EQ2.exe are _not_ the same thing, and you seem to be confusing them. The screenshot you provided shows it asking for Everquest2.exe, which is the actual game executable (and thus is included no matter what patcher you use). EQ2.exe is the file name for the original game style launcher (no longer available for download, it's the one that used to come on the retail CDs and was downloadable in the past).

Everquest2.exe will be in your main Everquest2 folder. There is literally no way you can not have that file and yet be playing EQ2.

As for the login screen, not sure why it's trying to log into EQ2MAP. Maybe it's because of where you have those files -- the autoupdater should not be installed inside of your Everquest2 folder or any of it's subfolders, the autoupdater should be installed in it's own folder. When run, it will then find your EQ2 install (that's why it's asking you to find everquest2.exe) and properly install the maps to there.