View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Pioints of interest (recomendation)

I've noticed that you guys have been putting a lot of work into points of interest. I have found your map mod VERY helpful. And the points of interest are great as well.

The problem is, as you add more and more, the maps are getting cluttered with a zillion little dots for quests I care little about. Where the lady that starts the Jum Jum juice quest is, matters little to me!

My recommendation: An external program that dynamically creates the overlays. All it would need is a list of quests with check boxes and a save button. The user would simply check off the quests they want Points for and click save and the overlay would be saved to the appropriate folder. You guys wouldn't need to create new overlays all the time. There would be simple a small database with 5 fields:
Questname, zone, x, y, z
It could even be an excel spreadsheet. Then all you'd have to do is provide a new quest list with new points every once in a while.
If you wanted to get really fancy you could have an "Update" button that automatically downloaded points for you. Or allow the user to insert their own.

Anyways, it's just an idea.