View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Volume levels don't stick?

Since doing a fresh install of Fetish with the 8.0 version (I completely deleted the old folder), I have my volume settings reset every time I log a toon in.

Instead of having both general music and combat music being turned off, with the master volume at max, I get both sets of music on, but master turned down to .4.

I see in the release notes the following:

Start Button: On popular demand, I’ve added Kosmo’s NightVision and volume controls. Initial volume settings can be customized by opening eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in Notepad. VolMaster, VolMusic and VolCombat can be found in the first page object. Each accepts a value of 0 - 20 which must not include a decimal. For reference, each increment set here equals 0.5 in-game.

So, the only way to get these settings to stick is to edit the file? I just want to make certain. I have to update 2 systems, which isn't a massive problem, but it is a little annoying that setting changes made in game doesn't update the file. Which was surprising, because it does save the location of the button, which I had moved a little.

Awesome UI, Zonx!