View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Make sure it works properly without the minimap plugin first. If the map still works, make sure you installed it properly, because that sounds like a problem with the textures included in the zip not being placed in the proper folder, thereby making the game unable to find them and just placing a black box where the texture should be.

Ok. I reinstalled Profit and it worked nicely. Added basic EQ2MAP and it worked just fine. Unzipped the MiniMap addon to the Profit UI and the map goes borked.

The zip, as far as I can see, contains the following:

Profit18\
Profit18\_Fetish_mainhud_minimap.xm

Profit18\eq2map\
Profit18\eq2map\_Fetish_TM_map_dock.xml
Profit18\eq2map\minimap_title.xml
Profit18\eq2map\minimap_window.xml
Profit18\eq2map\plugin_2.xml

Profit18\images\
Profit18\images\minimap_widgets.tga

Did that make sense?

So, I unzip this straight into my UI folder so that the files end up in their respective folders (i.e. the xml files go to the eq2map folder inside profit18, the widgets.tga goes in the images folder and mainhud in the root profit18 folder).

Am I missing something here? hehe. It works nicely up to the point where I unzip this file into the profit18 folder. Minimap shows up black in-game and after I activate the minimap once the regular size map goes funky too, losing some of the borders and whatnot.

As you say, it feels like it's just a matter of a misplaced texture but unless the files in the zip are placed incorrectly I just don't know where to try putting them.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.