View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I hope it doesn't seem like our intent was to keep it internal or edge out eq2maps because that's certainly not the case. Our designers just needed to be able to specify the location or region for a quest to be completed. Most of this data we were able to pull from our own designer data. It was really important that we create a solution that would be available for new players from the time they start even if they don't install any custom ui's. We will always be interested in finding ways for third-party ui's to bring value.

I don't know if anything major changed with ui builder but i can make sure the latest version gets published.
Yeah I see the reasons behind using internal data for it (certainly simplifies things a bit). Would I be correct in assuming that each quest would have only a single (or few) POIs or ROIs? IE, if a quest had a large number of spawn points for the update, it would be shown as a ROI instead of a large number of individual POIs? I think that's one of the main draws I can see.

The main reason I ask is that there are some things that don't have official maps that would benefit from ROIs and POI filtering.