View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeufeldSOE
The atlas tag is being used internally right now, but the next version of UIBuilder we ship will include support for it. We are working on a texture optimization tool that will take all the little texture pieces and put them into large texture atlases automatically. Atlas="none" means don't do that. You can also explicitly specify an atlas by using any string, I believe NCS2 does this by tagging stuff as Atlas="NCS2"
Very cool! Any optimization is great... and I hope the UIBuilder lets you save specific files. I've just been editing everything by hand in Notepad++ to avoid having it save a bijillion files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwab
3. I've always noticed with the small icon bags from here that it can be very difficult to grab an item to drag-and-drop, or sometimes you get the item underneath the one you were trying to drag. Now, with SoE's new bags, other people who just set there icons smaller for the first time are noticing the same problems!
The problem with dragging items in bags happened with GU 29 when we got the Iconbanks. It affects every bag but it's most noticeable with smaller icon sizes. I'm not really a programmer but my guess is that it's because of the way mouse dragging works. The program hears from Windows you clicked on an item. Then the next time the mouse location is updated the cursor is over a different icon and the button is still held down. For some reason it seems like you grab the icon from the second location instead of the first location. This problem might be exasperated by slow frame rates too. The only thing I've been able to do is try to drag more slowly when picking up an icon.