View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up Thank you! Fix for 'frozen' hotkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Do you play in Fullscreen? You could try switching to permanent windowed mode if you're tabbing out a lot.

Otherwise, you could try setting Click-through on your group window, or setting up the window how it "should" be. Right-clicking and "Locking" it. Then restart your game before you try to do anything else.

If you do play in Fullscreen, when you tab out, it's moving your windows around because it's loading a windowed mode layout, and probably screwing with positions.
Brilliant, thank you SO much! In case anyone else has this problem, the fix that works is:
(1) Even if you can't see the group window background and edges in F10 mode, you can find the edges with your mouse cursor. Drag the group window into the middle of your screen, and re-size the window to desired size.
(2) Now, place the group window in the desired location, and lock it.
(3) Camp to desktop, then re-start game.
(4) If you tab out, stay in windowed mode. Period.
(5) If all else fails, choose "click through" as a group window option. You'll still be able to target and heal/buff/etc. group members, but the group window won't obscure your hotkeys or other items.

Thank you, Drumstix. I know you must be swamped with work on this, so I really appreciate your help. I will soon be healing again, thanks to you. )

Eliana