View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Apparently there are UI changes that will need resolving with the new expansion, yet the entire UI modding community was either overlooked or excluded from what could have been a valuable opportunity. It was either intentional or unintentional, but neither one of those paints a flattering picture of the relationship between Sony Online and the EQ2Interface community, which is one of a very few supportive communities surrounding EverQuest II.

Designing, supporting and distributing a software package (for free) is already a huge effort without creating unnecessarily tight deadlines. Simply adding a handful of accounts from this website to the early beta would have ensured a better launch day experience for thousands of subscribers. Hopefully the changes won't break existing mods as they have done in past expansions.

__
I don't think there's a lot of new content from what I've read, just the new dungeon system and a few other things from what I've been able to read about. Likely not difficult or breaking, but probably time consuming changes. Unfortunately the launch date of the 6th falls at a bad time for me, I've a lot going on that week and the following, so it may take some time for me to get changes made and posted.

I am also surprised at SOE for not at least getting the featured authors beta invites as soon as they started testing. Drums, Profit and eXtreme have been around quite a long time, not to mention many other sets.