View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Either way, if SOE changed something around Nov/Dec last year and didn't bother telling anyone, or it's something bum with the "blank zone" handler; it doesn't matter since SOE techs & devs won't talk to me about it, and don't see to give a squat as long as the game runs without someone else's stuff.
That pretty much sums it up right there. If you add a custom UI or add on you are no longer under their realm of support.

That being said EQ2 is an old program it will no ever use more than 4 gibs of memory. If I recall they have even said it will crash at 2 gigs of memory. However I somehow got past a ton of memory crashes would have to go back and see what settings I changed. I get this game stall issue as well and tried it with and without eq2maps and still get the error on housings zones, instances like the sig quest line and a few other places.

Yes it also appeared around the release of CoE or shortly before so yes Nov/Dev of 2012 for me.

Clear your cache and or reinstall the game might fix the crash issue but really memory related issues are hard to track down. Its not a matter of HOW much memory you have it can be something as simple as a driver for something being loaded to some browser running and other things.

Quote:
Nope. I've never had more than one installation of EQ2, since it is fairly impossible to run more than one anyway. The installation is in the default \Public\ user folder as well.
Um really? I can run multiple copies of EQ2 on the same machine and do it all the time. EQ2 is a multi instance programming meaning it doesn't even require the /x switch to run more than 1 copy.

Last edited by Papabard : 01-31-2013 at 08:45 PM.