View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:14 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
No pictures, just the Google+ login page. Did you install with Java 7? The common problems I've seen are:

1. Updater was originally installed into an earlier version of Java, when a later version tries to run it it fails. Common when Java's auto-updated itself. Clear it and reinstall it through the latest Java, and do manual updates of Java.
I've cleared it & uninstalled JAVA 6 but it still had those errors I showed.

Quote:
2. Updater was installed from Chrome, the installation is corrupted. Clear it if needed and reinstall using Firefox or IE.

The "clear it through javaws and then reinstall" has always cleared it up for me. Beyond that, I'm stumped. The updater isn't something I'm familiar with, and lately it's been increasingly twitchy.
I installed JAVA through FF & it still had those errors.

OK... I actually performed an update on my NIC drivers. Not sure why but now the ProfitUI updater works. Makes no sense but it's working with JAVA 7 now. The only problem I'm having now is that it won't launch EQ2Maps after it updates.

These are very weird symptoms so I'm guessing some variable information must've been corrupt that was screwing with JAVA. I've got the Bigfoot Killer NIC on my G1-Assassin MoBo that would periodically indicate there was no network connection when I actually did have a connection, although I would lose game connectivity right in the middle of gaming but I would maintain a Skype video connection without dropping off. Since updating the driver it shows I'm always connected now.

I appreciate your help. Seems I have/had issues that this made more evident :-) Hopefully it's all fixed now.