View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa View Post
Hello, I've recently started playing again and using the hell out of eq2map. it's amazing how many POI's the community has been so generous to submit and share. (lame that SOE sorta stole some of our work...but compliments the same)

Anyways, everything is great I'm glad to see how the team has helped hold it together and improve it over the last 5 years...i know that it would be possible to do this so imagine with me:

In the updater there is a filter of sorts like
1. "Only download mob POI lvl ___ and up"
2. "Only download quest information lvl ___ and up"

That would eliminate some clutter...not all or even most. This would also require a small addition to the website's database to include a field for the level for everything. At the same time a few other fields could be added like heroid true/false and im sure much more.

By doing this you can filter the POI's that you download therefore limiting what is displayed on your map and in essence the same as is asked about above. If you need to do a one off and find a lvl 3 quest you can hit the website.

Comments, concerns, suggestions? i have a habit of ranting, sorry
Thats probably a lot of work for a relatively small reward. Most zones are a pretty small level range anyway. Rothgar wants to add the ability to limit quest POIs to only show up when you are on the quest for them which would cut the majority of the clutter out in the first place.