View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2006, 06:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problem with Spoiler

OK, I see that the problem that most peeps are having with the spoiler map is that the page is BLACK. The problem I am having is that the window shows up nicely and completely intact (as far as I know), except for the window being BLANK not BLACK. Blank meaning that the background graphics, scroll bar (grey'd out), title bar, "x" closeout button, resize button, etc are all there, but there is no text in the window, so, obviously, no "active" scroll bar.

To be completely honest, I have NEVER messed with any type of MOD, except for the EQ2Map, so I am not quite sure as to where to unzip all of the files. The online instructions are kinda vague. I dl'd the spoiler project and unzipped the file into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP, I got the text that it was overiding the Plugin_7 (or whatever) and clicked OK, and I added the appropriate line of code to eq2ui_mainhud.xml. I guess the easiest way to explain it is that the spoiler page isn't populating, even after repeated map openings and closings. Any help would be appreciated. A self-installing file and maybe an individual readme file to explain how to setup and load would be even better to avoid confusion on where files should be unzipped to, but that's just my two cents. Thanks for any help that can be submitted.

UPDATE: Got it working. I just unzipped the entire file into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP, and since I already had the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, from following your online instructions, it worked like a charm. Great proggy. Thanks a million.

Last edited by Drognan : 04-12-2006 at 06:35 AM.