View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

There should be a way to parse the servers.vm page on the Sony site, similar to the way some guilds have the Guild Roster mirrored on their sites and the folks using the Dynamic Signatures that parse the Player pages on the SoE site. All of that would have to be done in a scripting language like PhP.

The simple way to do that would be just mimic what is on the Server.vm page i.e. they say "All Servers Up" your page would say "All Servers Up", or of course if some were down it would also list them.

The Fancy way would be to determine if the server you care about is up or down, and then put in the proper logic into the PhP Script to say for example the server you care about is Blackburrow, the server.vm page say "All Servers Up" the script would translate this to Blackburrow is Up. But if Blackburrow appeared in the list of servers that are down, it would display Blackburrow is Down.

This is a website for EverQuest II User Interface mods and not really PHP programming, but one day I may wrap my brain around the code that it would take to do this... (I would love to have it on my Guild's Website).... If I do try and get it working I'll link a download here. But sure it's possible.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.