View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UISettings after a character switch

I'm not sure if this is specific to DrumsUI, as I've been using it for a while now, but this never used to happen until I switched. I did a search and found a somewhat similar post, but it's quite old, so I'm starting a new one.

If I launch EQ2, everything is correct, but as soon as I switch to a different toon on the same account (camp and switch) my second chat window with 3 tabs on it disappears. My main chat window is still there and has the five it normally has, but the other one is simple gone. If I load_uisettings and reload the settings (for the same character I just switched to), the 2nd chat window comes back, but now the threat window and Spell Timers window are missing. I can click the menu button, and click "Show Threat Meter" to bring that back, and click "Spell Timer Settings" and then click "Save" on the spell timers settings window, and that brings back my Spell Timers window.

I have to go through this procedure every time I switch toons - load_uisettings, show threat meter, save spell timer settings.

Also, my character hp/power bar (with click to cure) will not stay put between logins. I have it all the way at the bottom, below my hotbars, along with my target and implied target windows. When I log in, it's moved up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I have allow windows offscreen, and I have the window locked, but it always moves, on every character, every time.

(attaching a screenshot of window positions, and my uisettings file)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI-layout.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	8004  
Attached Files
File Type: xml Permafrost_Beddict_eq2_uisettings.xml (66.8 KB, 293 views)