View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by killfoe View Post
I have a new computer and have a fresh install of EQ2 and DrumsUI (installed by updater). I have been having some crashing issues. The crash log shows:

Couldn't load .xml
:: Could not access resource POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

Encountered data outside of container tags
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_Examine_.xml

I rechecked the files with the updater and also download the full interface to see if I had corrupt copies of these files or just what and found that I did not have POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml at all and the only difference in my copy of eq2ui_Examine_.xml was that my copy of the file had a difference in the file name: eq2ui_Examine_.xml listed in the error log versus file name eq2ui_examine_.xml in my files; other than that the files are the same. Would a difference in upper and lower case letters in the file names cause an error?

I love your work on this UI, Thank you!
The reason the spelltimer.xml doesn't exist is it only gets created if you use the Spell Timer in-game and setup some spells to track. The UI tries to include the file regardless. The error is just a generic error and is normal. Doesn't affect the game at all.

The other access error is weird because there is no examine file with an underscore at the end. Seems like an incorrect error. I don't think the UI is the source of your crashing.