View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

I never felt that feature provided much benefit in the quick window (Active Quest). If I needed that kind of visability of the quest process, I always hit J and go from there where I have a much better picture of what I am looking at.

Now, that said, the benefit of moving between recently updated quests is beneficial and the keys that I use for it should still work if you remove the navigation code right? Like pressing the period key on the keyboard takes you to the last quest updated (I think). Having some keys and/or a sort method in the Journal window for Recently Updated would help with moving around in a group of truly active quests in the Journal environment.

Even if this was a top five or updated today (or this week and so on), it would give greater visiblity to the groups of quests that are being worked on.

I would like to maximize my time while in a zone to get updates on quests that are in that zone, but as it turns out, the filter method for This Zone only helps with things that specificaly update that flag or originate in the zone and don't move out of it (i.e. Not Multiple Zone quests). It would be nice to somehow create some tagging that links up quests in your journal, achievements in the new system and collections with a current zone methodology.

If I zoned into LFay and I could open a window or get a popup that said these are some of the things you can do while your here.
You still need the Black Mushroom for collection...
These quests are incomplete and have updates in this zone...
You can skillup on foresting here to reach ###
These achievements can be completed while you're here
These friends are also in zone with you

To me, this keeps the non-raiding game player motivated to go into a zone with a mission, but leave with possibly a completely different set of possibilities that keep him/her playing in a multi-thread objective.