View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2006, 06:57 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Guk
Default Saving Blank Hotkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I fill all slots with the "follow" ability. (You can use whatever you want really, as long as all characters have it)

That way the load/save hotkeys will overwrite eachother correctly.
I made a "how to" in the tips and tricks section of the ThorUI AU thread.
If you look at the hotkey file, its easy to see how it is organized. The first two numbers in each row are the hotbar number minus one (zero-based) and the slot number, also zero-based. I noticed that for the blank slots, there are simply no entries. This brought me several helpful insights.

Replace all the slots you want blank with "[x] [y] spell 0 0 0". I tried just a null value, but the parser won't take it. You need the recognized 'spell' to make it a valid spot. The zeros just point to a non-existant spell, so the spot is blank.

You can also leave any hotbars you like alone, so they aren't changed at all when you load the others. Just delete the entries for those bars, or for individual spots if you like. The places that have no entry will not be changed. I set up my first three bars with all the common things I need, and the next three are customized for harvesting, soloing, tradeskilling, and raiding.

A fortuitous out-of-sync loadhotbars command lead me to another discovery. You see the macro commands in the hotbar file? They don't have to be in your Macros list. If you load a hotbar that was saved before you changed a macro, the macro on the hotbar will be the old one. If there is NO macro with the same name, the icon will be messed up, but it should still work (not tested).

Remember, though, if you use any of these techniques, saving your hotbars will overwrite the file entirely, and you'll have to enter all the changes by hand again. (A good reason to have only one or two changeable bars). Any changed you make, adding, moving, or deleting icons will make you have to save and re-edit. One tip is to save to a separate file (add 'new' or 'tmp' to the name) and cut and paste only the changes to your active load files.

Also, I cut down on the directories used.. to much work to make and find them. With long file names, just name your files MycharRaidKeys, MycharSoloKeys, or something similar. Hope this helps someone!

Almost forgot! Shards, Carpets, potions, hexdolls, all that stuff from your inventory does not show up in the Hotbar file. I don't know where it is saved, but it ain't there! If you save a hotbar with one of these items in it, that spot is treated as blank. If one of your other saved hotbars replaces that item, it won't come back when you load the first file. You can put it back manually every time, or find a permanent place for it and make sure it never gets replaced. (That's what I did with the Manastone and my carpet.) In the case of your charm slots (if you drag a charm slot to the hotbar) for some reason the save/load changes both of them to your primary weapon. Sounds like a bug, but.. what can you do.

As always, Sony can change those files at any time, so keep an eye out after LiveUpdates.

Last edited by MarkSam : 09-13-2006 at 07:56 AM.