A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

New Version 0.5.2
http://www.bellumaeternus.com/mapper...Live_0.5.2.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
  • Your code needs to check .svg association before trying to launch the file, it's throwing an error if it was configured to autolaunch and the association is then removed
  • You cannot turn off autolaunch of .svg if there is no association
Ok, I had the association check backwards (d'oh), and I didn't check it prior to actual launch. I now do, and I've wrapped a Try block around the launch code, just in case.

Quote:
  • still can't select English language, so after loading a French log I can't load English logs anymore. Just autodetect the language already anyway man, just put all the language strings into an array and use whichever matches first, or merge them into a single regex, there's so few strings that performance impact will be minimal. And you coud even read mixed-language logs like that.
I'll take it under consideration.

Quote:
  • mapstyle name is not saved when autoloading the log upon relaunch of the app
I'm not sure that I want to. I suppose it's easy enough to do, I just have to save it when I close, but I need to make sure to only reload it if it's the same file. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
  • seems like it's trying to autodetect the EQ2 folder for logs (there's a setting in the .config) but it fails at that and instead opens the "my documents" folder. On my system instead of E:\Everyquest II\logs it wrote E:\\logs to the .config.
  • Dragging and dropping a log file should make it default to the folder of that log file IMO
Yeah, I figured out what I was doing wrong with the auto-detect. That should be fixed now. I also added the capability to remember the last used logfile directory, which I also added to the drag and drop.

Quote:
  • The decimal comma is definitely being ignored, .svg of the log I sent you attached.
    • Switching just the decimal setting to a dot instead of a comma does not fix it.
    • Changing the log file from using a comma to a dot (and adapting your regex to deal with it) does not fix it.
    • However, switching my system to US English regional options fixes it.
Ok, I think I finally have this one licked. I can't auto-detect the setting of the file because it may have mixed languages. What I am doing, now, is to force the program to use US settings and I do a search and replace on the comma, replacing it with a period. When I had changed my system settings to fr-FR, I actually got an exception, so I'm not sure how it even worked on your system at all.

What I want to occur is that the files will always be handled identically, regardless of the country they are in. That way I can write my code uniformly and just move everything to a single standard.

Anyway, check out the fixes.

Thank you for continuing to hit this with a hammer. I'm getting better code because of it.