View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:18 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
Can you explain what you mean just a little bit more. what is it you want to be able to configure about how it launches eq2, and what file changes are you talking about? if you are talking about the ones in the updates/new text boxes every time a new poi is added for a zone it is updated so that text file would get rather large quite fast.
Right now, when you enable "Auto Launch EQ2" it runs EQ2.exe. When I start EQ2 normally, I use a batch file that renames some files before the game patcher runs, then changes them back once the patcher closes and starts the game. There are also times when I run EQ2 using EverQuest2.exe directly and bypass the patcher all together. (like when modding the UI and want to get into the game as fast as possible) I'd like to be able to point the EQ2Maps updater program to what executable I'd like to run when "Auto Launch EQ2" is enabled.

The log file would just be what files are added/changed...not the changes within them. I was thinking about adding a couple of POI's to some maps for personal use, and it would be nice to be able to just reference the log to see if it was changed by the updater.