View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2007, 06:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns View Post
YES.. Sorta... But integrated which makes it a bit different/advanced.

This project was started shortly after Mother released the original EQ2MAP Spoiler.

It actually lets you find the POI visually on the map..

So check it out :P
I like this, and I'll definitely use it. I currently use the POIFinder (which does the same thing, including setting a waypoint on a POI when you click on it in the list), but it lags the actual map icons. The POIFinder Updater solved that, but the eq2ui_custom.xml change causes a glitch with it and I'm loathe to recommend it to non-techies right now. If this all gets integrated into EQ2Map itself then there wont' be an issue with POIs lagging or needing a seperate updater. Thank you for this.

Update:

Considering the list, one way around the pause while the list is populated is to do what POIFinder does: generate a seperate set of XML files specifically for the list after new POIs are downloaded. POIFinder doesn't seem to have any delay even the first time the window's opened. And while the idea of the list being in the map window is good, I put my map over on the right-hand side of the screen because the center's usually the part I need to see. If the list disappears when closed, when it's opened it'd be off the right-hand edge of the screen or else I'd have to leave the map further towards the center with dead space on the right-hand edge of my screen. I've had good luck with POIFinder's seperate window: map on the right-hand side, POIFinder opens on the left side (on top of my maintained-effects window, but I don't care about both at the same time). A tab would work, but I couldn't see both the list and the map at the same time (useful when seeing where multiple spawn points for the same item are).

Last edited by tknarr : 11-17-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added additional thoughts.