View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
This is a common problem. Something in the game client's buggy and it's letting the saved settings in eq2_recent.ini override the settings in eq2.ini when it shouldn't. Annoyingly, just deleting the entries from eq2_recent doesn't work. They come back with the default values. You have to actually change their values to match what's in eq2.ini.

As for putting things in the UI/Default folder, no that won't usually work. The launchpad will notice any modified files there and overwrite them with copies of the default files, leaving EQ2Map not working. You need to install UI mods in their own folder and point cl_ui_skinname to that folder. It's effectively an overlay, if a file isn't present in the mod's folder the one in the Default folder is used.
I see. Thanks! In the past the UI's I have used for the various games I've played have completely replaced the Default, so I was a bit unsure when I first installed EQ2maps. Although, I was seeing the POI's for my maps, so I thought it was working.

Thanks for your help.