View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Not sure if the default group window can be resized but if you move the pet below of the cure icons first of all there is no confusion whom they apply to and in addition players could resize the pet out of the way if they do not care about it.
The problem with putting the pet info under the detrimental effects is that when the group window is used vertically and there are no detriments on a player, the pet info will appear closer to the player below him which would cause confusion as to who the pet belonged to.

I was just moving the controls into a composite so I could make the detrimental icons move up if there was no pet info. The only problem with that is when a player has the window displayed horizontally, I dont like the idea of the detrimental icons not being lined up if some players have pets and some dont.

Basically you do one thing that looks good horizontally and it looks bad vertically and vice versa.

Another option is we could let the client move the controls around based on a vertical or horizontal display. So if a player stretches the window tall, the pet info would move out to the right of the player name making a wider window. This way if a player didn't have a pet it would look fine. If the player stretches the window horizontally, we could display the pet below the detrimental icons so that the window becomes taller instead of wider. And again, if a player didn't have a pet it would look fine because the icons would stay lined up.