View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:23 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demens
First i'd like to say i'm very impressed with this mod, CC,V2. Bring together a lot of useful features in one easy spot.

If you could shine a little light on the pesky sliders i'd be most thankful. ;0

Now if my understand is correct this should give me about 50% sound, however any settings i change in the file seem to have no effect on the default poistion of the sliders in game. If i log in and change the sliders then log to a different characters the sound stays at the same level however the sliders "appear" on the minimun setting again. Logging out all together resets sound and sliders to min.
Unfortunately any changes made in game will only last during that gaming session, everytime EQ2 loads it recalls the default values from the files. Currently there is no way, at least that I know of, to work around that other than doing the above and changing the sliders/values defaults to what you prefer for normal play so it starts up with what values you like.

As far as the slider values, what you listed should work for setting the sliders to half volume, and I know why it didnt. UI Builder has this issue when you edit and move around stuff sometimes it will take the coding from an <include> ***.xml file and copy all that data into the main mod. I went thru originally and fixed all the video includes that had been copied into it (makes it a huge mess) but apparently I missed the sliders. So what you need to do is open the startbutton xml file in notepad and click edit and find text and type in master then hit enter so it will take you down to master slider coding area. You will notice that all the slider coding is now in the startbutton file (damn UI Builder lol) and no longer calls the presets from the <include> function so the changes you made to the slider xmls wasnt doing anything. So just make the same changes to the code inside the startbutton xml file as you did in the slider preset xml and it should work then.

I'll be sure to make sure this is fixed in next release/update so that it again will use the slider presets.

Last edited by Krull : 08-04-2006 at 12:03 AM.