View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Wish List: Healing addon.

Hi
A brief presentation :P

I have been playing EQ2 since the release, and over the years iv been playing as dps,healer,tank.

When Warhammer Online came out, i rolled a healer class due to the fact that it was the only classtype that really wasnt just plain easy. I soon began to use a UI mod called "squared" here is a screenshot of squared:

After playing Warhammer for about 9 months i decided to come back to EQ2, and after getting my old toon up-to-date, i decided i wanted to go back to healing.

Iv been playing around alot with my UI now, trying all sorts of UI's in order to get it the way i want it. But i just can't get it right - and one thing i really miss in EQ2 is squared.. I must say, even with ProfitUI or any other UI the raid window/group window in EQ2 is nowhere close to "Squared" i can't really put my finger on it, but i feel crippled trying to do what i need to do. In warhammer healing almost became a perfection, and if the target died - it was simply due to the fact that dps scaled way higher at rank40 (max lvl) then the heals - atleast back then.

As it is now, im some times not even sure i got the target i want, selected, by just looking at the raid window - i need to select my target then check my selected target window - since looking at your targets health thrue the raidwindow is just a pain. With squared you had one UI element that u needed to keep your eyes on, thats it. And there was also a good indication on what person you had targeted as that persons "square" with get a border around it - or lighten up.

To sum things up: eq2 is just a pain compared to warhammer for keeping track of things :P - not saying its impossible, its just not as good.

Is it possible to make something even close to "squared" for eq2, to replace the raid window/group window we got today.

If not, does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks.

Last edited by Darke : 04-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.