View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I get something similar. Occasionally when I set a waypoint and then either cancel it (through the waypoint window's Cancel button or the /-command) or arrive at the waypoint so it auto-cancels, it'll return. I do not get an X on my map or a trail, but I do get the game text in my chat window telling me where my destination is. Canceling it again, by either method, only stops it temporarily. Zoning seems to kill the waypoint completely until I set a new waypoint in the new zone. It's also not consistent, some waypoints cancel properly and some come back like this with no consistent pattern. My sense is this is a client problem, not an EQ2Map one, since it affects waypoints set and canceled entirely through /-commands without involving the UI at all.
I've noticed the exact same behavior, totally identical to what's described here, and I've made the same observations and come to the same conclusion.

As for me, I'm running EQ2Map auto-updating version, POI Finder (via the POI Finder Updater), and various custom UI pieces.