Thread: AoD updates...
View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrm1 View Post
Question that may or may not be related....Is the large variant still available?

My current only options are small variant and default, and where large should be it says "do not select, this variant does not exist anymore"

I had been using the large variant until a couple days before expansion. I decided to play around with variant options and try the small one, but when I tried to go back to large, I was no longer able to select it. I'd love to have it back even if I need to download a standalone file and put persona on the ignore list for the auto-updater.

Also, I am assuming that is my problem. The window I prefer is the one that looked more like the original default, where there was a single panel with tabs to to switch between views. I cannot stomach the current one I have with default selected- the three panel monstrosity.
With the increase in options I was unable to add enough tabs while retaining legibility and ease of access to the old style persona. That is why it has the tabs down the side now. The three window version change is because of the merc stats being shown. I can condense everything down but it loses alot of the user friendliness that caused people to like profit in the first place. It also loses ease of access because you have to go to multiple sublevels to actually get to what you want. When I get more free time I will probably mock up something and see what people think about it. I also still need to update the small variant for AoD and since that is my prefered window it will get priority over the other non bug fixes.

The Large and the default are the same for the moment because I merged alot of the ideas between the two. If and when I get the mock up done then that might change.

Silat