View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
We've got this handy sticky thread called common problems (and solutions). Read the second one.
Now I know you must have a Lot of people that don't actually READ these posts here, But I do. And I'm no stranger to an incorrect installation path. It would be nice if that were the problem here. The second one you say this is related to reads:

Problem:
1. Your maps do not look different after installing EQ2MAP. and/or
2. EQ2 does not start automatically.

Solution:
Start the updater, click on the Options button and change your Everquest 2 path. You do that by clicking the topmost "Browse" button. Now navigate to the Everquest 2 folder you are currently starting the game in. Keep in mind that many people have more than one EQ2 installation without knowing it. This is caused by SOE's Station Launcher or Launchpad which you use to update the game. If you are using the OLD launchpad you can get your correct path by right clicking the icon you use to start the game, selecting properties and checking the path that is configured there. If you are using the station launcher you can start it, go to options, preferences, select your Everquest II installation and click on "Change Install Location". Do not change anything, just note down the path that it opens up in.

Now IF this were my problem in the 1st place, don't you think I would have tried it? My current installation of EQ2map does work, I have maps in some places but not all. If the installation path were wrong, I wouldn't have any maps at all, and or, POI's.

P.S. - You don't have to be so condescending when you reply to a post here. I, like everyone else, am just looking for a solution to my problem, of which I couldn't find with doing a search of the forums in the first place.

Last edited by Keybordkiller : 09-29-2010 at 05:01 AM.