View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:24 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
I don't know about others, but when I say "larger health bar", I simply mean it to be larger than the power bar, for example. Makes it easier for a healer to keep an eye on health, while "dimming" power because you don't care as much about it. I've recently gone back to raiding on my chanter, so I'd value a larger power bar.

Also, the clicky buttons of your UI are fairly big IMHO, you can safely make them a lot smaller. Probably even halve their size.

Some people like big interfaces, some like small interfaces. Pleasing both isn't easy. I'd probably argue that us raiders like small interfaces because we have to keep an eye on lots of information all the time, but we still like to have more than a 2x2 box in the middle of the screen of actual "game"
^^ this

im playing a raid chanter too but i do not care that much about other groups power, usually 4 chanter or 3 chanter and usually the manaburning wizards yell if their power is gone anyway so i dont care about others power.

i like the idea of having the quickbuttons to dont target and cast stuff on someone but since in DrumsUI i have problems targeting people through raid/group window without clicking a quickbutton or need several clicks to get them i always click on their healthbar and have them targeted by a single click for sure. this is why i would disable quickbuttons for me. and i have the important stuff macroed anyways and on my hotbars to save time rebuffing them. for PUG the quickbuttons are very handy!

another reason not using quickbuttons on raidwindow is, the raidwindow is imho too big at the moment and i placed it on the far right side in middle of screen to have a good sight to the real game so its a bit too far away from my hotbars and watching area (detrimentals etc.) on the 3/4 left side bottom of screen. going to the raidwindow to rebuff someone and search for someone can be a "fail condition" in some fights if you get a curse or something and you dont see it and cast (anashti / miragul as example).

greetings Nimda

PS: im playing in 1600x1200 and i pref smaller stuff. if i play windowed in smallest resolution the raidwindow is the half of the screen (brokerwindow is as big as the whole screen). if i trio i do this... 3 windows in smallest resolution on my 1600x1200 desktop.