Unread 01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerulean View Post
Hi there!

I have had the same issue. I recently switched PC's and after setting myself up thinking I was all good to go, my maps were BLACK!! Just POI's listed and nothing else. The Fog element was repeatedly erased. I was only able to get most maps to show by clicking off the Current Zone map to something else and then reloading the Current Zone map. However once I left the zone I was in, this would all reset and the map would be black. If I went back to a zone with a problem map, the same issue would occur.

So.. Since I thought I was all good to go after I setup the pc I switched to, I went ahead and spent alot of time figuring out exactly what I am doing or the game is doing to cause the maps to go black.

Really long and tedious story short:

If you are using the /load_uisettings command or even when prompted from a fresh install to load a UI Settings file, the following lines of text in any of your UI Settings files appear to be causing the issue. Keep in mind the numbers and stuff do not need to be exact.. Just loook for Map2_clone_x lines. I've posted the whole mess here anyway:

{snip}

The black maps happened when I used /load_uisettings to load a previously used profile and also when you are starting from scratch with no settings file for the character you are loading, you are asked to choose one. When I did, the same thing happened.

When I deleted the lines above, from the settings files I was trying to use, prior to importing them after a fresh start of the game, the Maps are now functioning normally with my edited settings files.
Interesting. clone_0 is the minimap, and clone_1 should be the normal map but it seems you also had a clone_2 (a clone of the regular map). That certainly could be an issue if the current_zone detection only works properly in the regular map (clone_1).

To Grhuff: Given cerulean's information, I'd suggest opening your <Server>_<Character>_eq2_uisettings.xml character and search for Map2_clone_2. If you find that, delete everything from <Window Name="Map2_clone_2" down through the corresponding </Window> command.