View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
I do hope you're referring that the total guild status isn't displayed anywhere in game. Because it is displayed on leaderboards so therefore is obtainable via xml/csv files.

Also seems anytime I read a response by you Lordebon its nearly always sounding instantly as an arguement maybe its just the way you write.
I was talking about in game... in my first response I said "I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game." I read the OP's post as wanting it in-game, which is why I gave that response. I am aware that the total status is displayed on-line, but that would not have helped in making an in game system.

An out-of-game system would be quite doable, so long as all the total status amounts at the various guild levels were available. As I said, I'm not aware of anyone or any site that has collected all of that data -- the lower levels are not hard to do, but getting towards the upper end takes a lot more status and makes the data much harder to get accurately (especially since the total amount of status needs to be recorded immediately after the guild ding, and the total status online can take several days to update).

My second post may sound like an argument because in a sense it is: the poster posited that # of accounts affects the amount of status required to level, a statement which I find highly doubtful and have never seen any evidence to support. However, every post I make is in good faith and is either intended to help or intended to offer an honest opinion; in that case, it was my opinion that I did not believe that hypothesis, but I would welcome data to the contrary. I've been wrong before, that's why I gave an experiment which would test the hypothesis.