View Single Post
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiersten View Post
I'm just used to other games that had quite a few mods exactly like this. WoW had healgrid and healbot (not actually a bot). Both of which you could bind all of your mouse clicks to heals, and modifiers + mouse clicks also.

So with a 5 button mouse you would have basically 20 different heal abilities you could bind to just your mouse buttons. Then you would hover over thier health bar in the group window. Hit the mouse click that corresponded to your heal or other ability that you wanted. And it would go off. You could even enable the addon so it didn't switch your current target.

For example on my cleric in a different game.

Left mouse was my small heal, right mouse my big heal, mouse 3 my cure, mouse 4 my instant heal, mouse 5 my other instant heal. Along with a number of other assorted spells.

If you were not hovering over your group UI at the time the mouse buttons would act as normal though. So you could still select targets, mouse look etc.
This is not WoW -- EQ2's interface is significantly more controlled in what we can and cannot do. We get lots of folks that come from WoW looking for things we cannot do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
If it's that it sounds like the most complicated way to do healing I've heard of tbh.
I can see why it might be useful, but at the same time it might drive me bonkers if the game started doing that without me used to it.