View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Personally I very much dislike the new map system.

I used Otheseus' "Show just the map" plugin for the original EQ2Map and it was WONDERFUL.

I could shrink the main map down to a reasonable size to use it as a minimap. I could click and drag in this window to look around my current location. Poi's and everything were rather easy to mouse over to find information for. I could click the window and immediately enter coordinates to find something. In short - I had the best of both a fully interactive mainwindow map, and a small always present "you are here" minimap.

The new system looks gorgeous - the new POI interface is rather nice. BUT the new SOE official mini-map is awful. I still use the old map system unless I'm in a new TOS zone without supported maps. When I have to use the new system I find myself trying to move the map around in the minimap window, and CAN'T.

If someone were to apply the minimization and UI hiding features from Otheseus addon for the old EQ2Map, to the new main map window I'd be in heaven. As it is - I cannot make the new main window map small enough to fit where the old one / new minimap fit, and I hate the new minimap SOOOO much.