View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Barren Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I don't think the Bobble guy is still with SOE. The dev who created the new map system is Brian Belfield. I'll send him an email about this issue as we'll probably run into it with the other heroic/raid instances as well.
Thank you for clarification.

Quote:
I get it now with the maps (sorry, didn't look too closely before). Bandwidth is not the issue really (the maps look really great btw), but as I mentioned I'll have to shuffle some code around to support arbitrary map sizes. So either bump it up to 1600x1200 or it'll take a while.
Okay, I'll bump it.. But it will take some time to recalculate and test zonerects, because it's not 4:3.

Also 1600x1200 .dds weights 937.5kB, and forum restriction for .dds attached files is 638kB. Not a prob, will load zipped version, just noting it.

Quote:
Btw. I assume you tested your files - I didn't know that non-quadratic power of 2 .dds files even worked in game (that's why usually they are 512x512).
Yes, fully tested. As for quadratics, the only map .dds I found out of .vpk files was eq2\UI\NewMapSys\images\maps2\antonica_qeynos_continent_explored.dds -- 1600x1200, so I presumed any proportion is good, and tested it. I think you can use any 4*m x 4*n size (.dds format restriction).