View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:47 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

I am currently trying to reproduce that bug or find anything else that could trigger that message. The updater actually tries to rename your EverQuest2.exe (in EverQuest2.exe ). This is the only valid way I can think of to check if you are allowed to write to a directory with Vistas virtualization enabled. Maybe just try to rename that file and see if it works at all. Or maybe there is not even an everquest2.exe. Don't know actually if a test server installation has it.

Java needs to be at least Version 6 update 5 to run this because of some bugs in earlier versions. Webstart automatically checks if your version is good to run the updater. This does not work with Vista, giving you some cryptic error messages. Sun is aware of that though.

Quote:
In the EQ2Map updater, you can do it like this to run the Profit updater

Path to EQ2 C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe
Parameters for EQ2 "C:\games\eq2\ui\ProfitUI\ProfitUpdator\ProfitUIRebornUpdater.jnlp"
I am not sure if you should do that, have to think about it for a moment. Also you shouldn't run it directly from its cache directory as this can change with any update.
Best solution would be running the eq2map updater after the profitui updater. Theres an option for that somewhere :P

BTW
Quote:
I've got the same error box that a lot of people (apparently).
Watching the webserver its actually a small number of people having problems at all, so its not quite easy to track down....

Last edited by Kaldran : 07-06-2008 at 09:50 AM.