View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I will go ahead and admit that I use the Auto-Cure script.

I have always considered myself a damn good healer and I enjoy the challange of keeping everyone alive.

SoE changed the cures so that there was just one Cure. With my already existing Click to Cure on profit, where I clicked a picture that lit up, this only makes things a little bit more easier.

What your script doesn't do is Cure the tank first....and a lot of the time it is curing things that don't need curing and makes me have to wait a second to cast a heal because it decided to cure

I don't think the Auto-Cure is a bad thing. It has good points and it has flaws.

I still have to be at my computer to play the game...I use it to help me, but I won't rely on it.

And I think it is an excelent example of fantastic coding. So a big WELL DONE to you

Taking it further, tho.....using what you know to give complete automation....That I think would be taking it too far.

There are people I know who would benifit from having many of EQ2's functions automated for them. A very good friend of mine often leaves her computer to tend to her kids at a moments notice. A button that she could click before she left so her character continued to heal her group would let her deal with her kids in peace without worrying about coming back to a dead group.

But there are people that would abuse it. Botters for one.....Power levellers that just want to get to 80.....I wouldn't want to see this kind of automation being opened up to people like this.

Seeing as you have no control on who would use such scripts, I think it best that mods that auto heal, auto cast spells or auto tradeskill be kept locked away and not released. Anything else, I think would be fine

An Auto-Buffer would be cool...to buff after death