View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:35 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw
Red face

I could easily create an installation package using installshield to install profitui (it'd show up in add/remove programs as uninstallable program, even it is just a punch of xml files in eq2 directory), but like stated by posters above its pretty straightforward thing to install the ui ; just rename the old profitui directory in ui directory and extract using folder names the new package to the ui directory after that.

Other solution would be ofcourse to create an updater like one for eq2map, which would check the files from dedicated web server, compare their checksums and download the file to client if different than from the server. There's even source code for that downloader and should it be pretty easy to port it to work for profitui (which is my favorite ui as well). But if author goes to that way, to support this kind of way to update the ui, it'll need hosting service for the files, and considering the amount of users, and bandwidth needed I bet its not gonna be cheap to host such service, albeit it'd be neat to update the ui.