View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default DDS Plugins and MIP Maps

I'm trying to tinker with the target rings in my Test server custom UI folder, but I keep hitting a brick wall...hopefully someone here can help.

Attached is a screenshot of the DDS plugin I'm using. I've tried different combinations according to the threads I've found in this forum (DXT3 vs. 32 bit ARGB; "Generate MIP maps" vs. "Use existing MIP maps," etc., ad nauseum), but nothing seems to work when it comes to saving an altered DDS file with the proper MIP maps.

I'm just trying a simple colorize on the default "ring_target.dds" file. These are the steps I'm taking:

- I load the file in PSP 9 and choose "No" when prompted to have the MIP maps displayed with the image.
- I promote the background layer to a raster layer, load the selection from the alpha channel, then delete the grey background.
- I apply my colorize (a lovely shade of sapphire blue ), then click "Save As."
- When prompted to overwrite the existing "ring_target.dds" file, I choose "Yes."
- I also choose "Yes" when I'm warned that the current image will be merged because of the file format limitations and I'm asked if I want to continue the save.
- The DDS save dialog pops up with the default options selected as shown in the attached image.

I've tried DTX3 & Generate MIPs, 32-bit ARGB & Generate MIPs, DTX3 & Use existing MIPs, 32-bit ARGB & Use existing MIPs -- and in-game, I get all MIPs displayed at once or just one size of the target ring that totally disappears when I move further than about 5 feet from my target.

The plugin I'm using and its save dialog aren't what's pictured in the PDF files included with the download from the NVIDIA website. Is their PDF out of date, or am I somehow using the wrong files?

Please help me, while I still have hair left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ddsplugin01.jpg
Views:	1502
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	5770