View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:12 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen
Arrow Thanks, & another few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
2) The VAM plugin breaks things, so it should never be included by default. If you cross a zone line with the map open, then close/open the map, it shows the wrong side of the zone.

3) The zone connection overlay will still be broken, but you can replace the map image in yourcustomfolder/images/maps with the new one.

Copy world_map_exp01.dds from the default UI folder over the top of world_map.dds in the custom one.
Thanks Magus. I didn't realize that VAM did that. I had never used it but it sounded like a great idea. There are so many times that I wish I could see a map of another zone...

I'll use your suggestion to replace the world map (didn't even think of that - brain dead ). What is the difficulty with the zone overlay? I'm not trying to be a smarta**, I was just wondering if there is something really difficult with this problem. I may even attempt a fix myself if it's just a matter of taking the time to do it. OK. I copied the world_map_exp01.dds from the default map folder, but when I went to my custom map folder, there was no world_map.dds. The only world map I have is world_map_overlay.dds. Is this the image to overwrite, or should I just add the new world map without overwriting anything?

That's 2 of the 3. Anyone have any thoughts on the minimap add-on/addition?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Last edited by Adder : 01-22-2006 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Suggestion Question