View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Hi, tried Beta1, haven't had a chance to try Beta 2, but noticed some of the problems I had weren't mentioned here, thought I'd list them just in case.

When I opened the persona window i got the message: "The mainHUD Persona Window is not compatible with the current client Please upgrade your UImod to a compatible version or revert to the default UI."

I have Desert of Flames expansion, so maybe that had something to do with it?

The Guild bank, Guild roster and the Guild XP bar all showed my guilds level as 50 (its 10) showed the correct % in xp and the Guilds name was shows as "GuildName", only way I could get this to stop was to reload the default UI and restart the game =/

I didn't have any problems closing the journal window, but I just hit J to open/close it, however when I did open it, it said I had 30 quests over the max allowed but wouldn't show any quests, zoning did not work neither did changing the listing of them.

I had the same problem with resizing the Hot Keys, with the blank box that couldn't be closed, but also the third spell bar could not be moved, it stayed locked even when it wasn't.

Other than that, it looked really good and I liked how small everything was and faded nicely so I could see everything (I have a very small monitor so small is good!). One other thing, I noticed you were doing work on the personal HP/Mana window, I like the smaller width of it but I was wondering if there is any way to change the colors of the bars?

Nice work, I'll be DLing Beta 2 of this one in a few and playing with it tonight!

Did you use /loadui to load Serenity? It sounds like you did as the guild and journal problems are all caused by doing that. The dynamic data for quests and guilds do not reset properly even after zoning when you use /loadui. The only way those dynamic datas will be correct is if you set the UI via eq2.ini.

The persona window was fixed in Beta 2.
The hotkey slider was fixed in beta 2.
The third hotkey bar.. i'll take a look but thats really weird. They are all the same window, the client just clones them. Almost thinking this might have been due to /loadui.

As for the player window bar colors.. They use the standard green/blue bars, but I don't see any reason I couldn't change them to somethign else.. Though kinda odd What did you have in mind? I'm all for having alternate styles.

Thanks for checking out Serenity and for your comments!
Take a look and give feedback!