View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

/Agree with Kharzon,

Personaly not inc my alt windows there would be approx 400 ish files I will have to set version numbers for across 3 UI's in total

Imo a total waste of my resources.. Meaning that for somthing silly like this I may have to stop updating some of the UI's due to limited time etc... All very sad, Turning somthing that was fun into more of a chore..

Also I notcied that some version numbers are like "1.1.1" and others is "1.1" meaning even if you did / could parse all the files and edit them in one fell swoop would the extra ".0" or whatever break the window ? maybe maybe not..

Dont get me wrong I am all for progress but only progress in the right direction so to speak.....

Also why the hell does SoE need version numbers???? they only have 1 default UI and they just overwrite old windows anyways... Is this surposed to be to benefit us? the UI modders? .... Maybe it's fine for the guy that has just a few mods and variations of but full UI's no way is this a benefit ....
If you could set the version of the full UI in the skin info page and that would cover all windows contained in your folder then yeh kool .. even if it would tell you that 1 was borked and decline to load the custom UI then that would be kool also as you would have to fix the bleeding window anyways lol......

I just dunno.......

Will typing any of this make any difference at all anyways? ... Somhow I doubt it /shrug