View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Interesting - I noticed a few graphical issues myself last nite in the 10 minutes I had to tradeskill between getting the kids to bed, and putting myself to bed (man, the wife's night school schedule is killing my free time). Most noticeable to me was some issues with the "highlight" bar in the guild members tab of the guild management window.

So... between LU14, and all the other reported issues and requests, I believe I'll do one more beta release. I didn't get nearly as much time to work on it this week as I would have liked. Fortunately (Unfortunately) I have a 24 hour staff duty shift tommorow nite, and I plan to spend a significant amount of that time hammering out UI issues.

In no particular order, here's what I've been working on:

* A complete re-code of the UI, rather than cutting and pasting in updates for LU14. -- No longer on my radar, I'm starting from scratch now, hehe.
* Making the chat windows "tab friendly" (Scribble - I still need to check into that mod to view the chat window while zoning - I think you could still see it, but it wouldn't "update" with new chat lines until you completed zoning) -- Completed, with 2 different style windows to choose from (tabbed or non-tabbed)
* Re-working the intro screens as EQ2 loads -- Completed (I'll let you discover what I threw in there with the next release)
* "Cleaning up" the UI style - I want to make all the windows match a little better. I like the new border styles they introduced with some of the new popups in LU14. -- Will not be out in the next beta release; I'm looking at switching all window borders for all windows to a T.King style border (not celtic, something more along the lines of his scrollwork)

So.... looks like I should have the next beta release packed and uploaded sometime tommorow midday / afternoon, EST, RAWR!!

Thanks all, Rawr!

edit: updated current progress

Wulfy

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 10-22-2005 at 10:12 PM.