View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2005, 12:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default no cp flexibility, bummer

Oh well, I saw someone typing in Japanese when the game first went live so that gave me hope that it was possible. If anything, I was hoping maybe there would be a workaround for the KOI8-R font loaded for use with the chat window. I'm still thinking if he was able to call the Japanese character set, I should be able to do so with Cyrillic. Of course, since then I've reconfigured this machine and don't exactly recall how I had my Japanese enabled... I believe (not 100% sure) that I'd installed the ISO Japanese cp's, but not EBCDIC or ANSI... of course, this left me hopeful that the chat server is actually one, big mail server with multiple cp support.

I'd contacted a CSR shortly after seeing the Japanese to see if there was support for chatting in Cyrillic and his response was the standard textbook response of 'there is no plans at this time.' Even if the guy was a dev, it's still going to haunt me as to how he did it. I need to take the time to research it, I suppose.

Volshebny
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by volshebny : 09-04-2005 at 12:15 PM.