View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2005, 02:17 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2MAP Updater 1.0 Released!

After a week of final testing (thankyou to those who helped, you know who you are) and modifications the final version of the updater that i have been promising to release has finally been released. You can download it from Here You may want to read the section about the options menu to get an idea of some of the functions. I have had alot of fun working on this program however unless there are any major bugs it will be the last version that i release (i havent been on eq2 for months, and will most likely be cancelling my account soon) Thank you everyone i hope you guys enjoy it, i will still be around on the forums to help everyone and make an attempt to maintain the maps.eq2interface.com site with the help of dolby, who has been doing ALOT of maps lately. if anyone wants the source-code to try and learn something from (which may be pretty hard as my code is probably sloppy seeing as this was the first large program i ever wrote) you can get it from sourceforge(link below). It was written in visual basic .net using visual studio 2003.

EDIT: You may also download this program (including the source code) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/eq2map-updater/

Here is a list of all the things i can remember that have been added since the last version:
-Made a seperate window for all the options
-Added ability to auto-launch a second program as well as EQ2 (usefull for those who use combat stats)
-Window is resizeable for people running at non-standard DPI
-Added Overall progress bar w/ %
-Added # of files left to download
-Added Amount Downloaded/Total Status in KB/MB
-Added text to show the path to the everquest directory, as well as the exe files that it autolaunches
-Added browse buttons for changing all the paths to files/directory
-Added suport for the language folders I think its working well, but if there are any bugs please let me know, i couldnt really test it that well.
-Added Drop down boxes for switching between diffent UI folders (it will update the eq2.ini as well) and also for switching between languages.
-Fixed the testserver option so it actually launches TestEQ2.exe
-Added an option for File overwrite notification (currently only for mainhud.map but it can be added for files as needed)
-Made it show the UI directory being and language patched
-Error handling for unknown exceptions to help track down unusual bugs.
-Wont let the custom directory be se to default, fonts, sounds, or images
-added a way to stop downloading
-probably some other stuff i cant remember
-made the file scanning progress show up in the progress bar

Last edited by taco-man : 06-04-2005 at 11:10 AM.