View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

very possible it's an xp issue.. but regardless, using xp, if i remove the hud_zoning.xml, i don't lock up.. and realistically.. it only takes about 5-10 seconds to zone.. so it wasn't really worth it for me.

vandiin: sounds like memory leakage. which eq/eq2, (and windows for that matter) has historically been fairly bad with.. very doubtful that the actual problem is caused by a skin, though, if whatever skin yer using is alot bigger than the default ui, (possible that loading extra pictures while zoning might add to it, but again, doubtful), then you might see more symptoms with one ui over the other.. a suggestion, try alternating the size of your pagefile, (turning it off, making it ridiculously large, just remember to wipe it out when you reset it.) you'll probably find that the smaller yer pagefile, the faster you run into problems. increasing your ram, and your pagefile could prolong your ability to play without those issues, but until the memory leakage stops, you aren't going to eliminate it.

Last edited by chylder : 04-30-2005 at 03:42 PM.