View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2005, 12:30 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I looked and couldn't find duplicate code. I don't have a modified mainhud or inventory file in my custom UI directory. Placing just these 4 files in a UI directory by themselves it still has the issue. I do have a double include on the button files in the marketsearch file. As for why, well that's how it is in Kosmos's performance window. I'm learning by trial and error and trying to model after others working code. I have tried with single include lines for the buttons and didn't see a difference either way.

Tried ' (single quote) and parens just now, doesn't seem to make a difference.

The control simply isn't setting. The button does include code to execute the search and the search results are unfiltered. (Shows all ebon when it should show only slashing weapons)

dc_roenfanz, I couldn't duplicate the nesting issue you're seeing. I put these 4 files and a copy of the eq2ui.xml file from the default directory into a directory all by itself. Then opened the eq2ui.xml file in UIBuilder. The heirarchy seems fine on my side; looks just like what you show as normal. What other files do you have?

Also, I'm definately hoping to release this for others if I can get it working. That's why I'm making each button a seperate file and including them; for ease of editing. Really the majority of the code in the preset files is the parameters for the search. With a simple guide and some examples I think most people could edit the values themselves. It's beyond my coding, but I think it would be a pretty simple matter if someone wanted to add on to the idea and write a tiny app that let you set the search parms out of game, then wrap the values in the appropriate code to generate the preset files.